Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mountain LTE

Hello Everybody!

Over the past couple of days, I have just recently returned from a trip up to Estes Park, CO with a group of interns for what we call our "Mountain LTE". It was a great experience & I had a lot of fun climbing a mountain with my core and our cousin core's sister core (Haha, don't worry about it, it's a long story).
ANYWAYS...
After a terribly long 20+ hour ride, getting lost in Kansas, and several breakdowns of our buses, we FINALLY made it to Estes Park 7 hours behind schedule. No worries though, it didn't effect any of our time in Estes Park. On Saturday, we had a free day just to roam about and browse through the shops. It was awesome because my family came up to hang out for the day with us! It was great to see them, and to spend the day with them.
On Sunday, our day started at 4 AM. We drove to the Rocky mountain national park & started our trek to the top of Hallet's(sp?) peak. Over snow and rock we ascended to the peak little by little, pushing to make it to each of the checkpoints. Our endurance was tested in many ways, but we prevailed and made it all the way to the top of the mountain. Pictures will be posted :).
After a brief respite at the top of the mountain, we descended with smiles on our faces and accomplishment in our hearts. We found that it's A LOT harder to walk down in the snow than it is to walk up a mountain in the snow, so as a result we more kinda tumbled, slid and skidded down the mountain. It was all tons of fun though. It reminded me how happy I am that I'm from Colorado, and get to be around mountains like this all of the time. No offense to Tx, or anything, but it's just too darn flat for my taste, and hot & humid for that matter. :)


Also, there will be A LOT more to come in the next couple of months, as I now have a LOT more time due to the end of classes. I'll definitely be posting things about my preparation to go to India as it draws closer too!

Be Blessed & I'll talk to y'all later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment