Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fasting LTE

So, at Teen Mania, we have these things called LTE's, or Life Transforming Events. This past weekend, from Thursday until Sunday at 8AM, we fasted & from Thursday night at 10PM until 8 AM sunday, we also took a vow of silence. The fasting LTE's are some of my favorite events that we have here. We had one in the fall, and just finished our spring one today.

I went into the first fasting LTE expectant that all of the things that we'd been told to focus on would be revealed to us. Which they were, but I left it feeling kind of like I had been deprived of the larger issues of learning more about the different characteristics of God. SO, this fasting LTE, I went into it praying about a few different things, but mainly focusing on spending time with God as my top priority as opposed to focusing so hard on hearing my life mission statement or something like that.

One of the things that I was praying about was what I should do after my undergrad HA year. I had the options of staying as a CA (core advisor) or school of worship GI (graduate intern), or coming back to Salida and starting college & moving on from there. So I prayed about it, and neither of those options are where I'm heading next. I WILL be back in Salida for a little while after the internship, but God has now laid it on my heart to be an intercessory missionary at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, MO. I will also be developing my skills as a worship leader more for this as well. More development of that to come at a later date... If you want to check it out, the URL is http://www.ihop.org .
I also prayed about where God wanted me to go on a mission trip this summer. There were three countries that were on my heart until the fasting LTE. These countries were Uganda, Haiti, and India. I went to the massive wall map in the Global Expeditions building, and prayed. I asked God to show me which country he had for me to minister to this year, and He led me to India. So, I will be gathering some information shortly, and letting everybody at home know what is going on with India this summer.

But anyways.... The main point of this blog. What did God show me during the fasting LTE?

Well, earlier in the year, I was told that God was going to give me revelation of the end-times bride/bridegroom paradigm of Christianity. I wasn't sure when to expect it, so when it came, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had always though of God as more of a father type figure, but as I came to realize that weekend, God has so many more aspects than just that one. After all, we do consider Him to be the Father, the Son, and the Spirit, but I had never thought of Him as God the bridegroom. It's like a completely different aspect of the love that God has for us. It also takes on new meaning if you read through some of the historic Jewish wedding traditions as well. The correlations between these traditions and the end-times prophecies in Revelations are amazing, and definitely something that I'm looking forward to pursuing more and more in the future.

So that was pretty much just an awesome weekend, and if you haven't done anything like that before, I definitely encourage it. Fasting is definitely something that I will do for the rest of my life now, and it is something that has taken on a particularly interesting role in my life with the 'church as the bride' paradigm.

If you want to hear more, or have questions, then definitely leave a comment, or feel free to facebook me or email me.

Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment